Sunday, February 5, 2012

How can I remove entries from Firefox's dictionary?

I installed a spell-checker plugin a while back for firefox. Due to a twitchy mouse-hand, i occasionally add some words to the user dictionary by accident, instead of correcting them (silly menu design places the two items way too close together). Is there a way to edit or reset that user dictionary?



Reinstalling doesn't fix it, nor does uninstalling then reinstalling.How can I remove entries from Firefox's dictionary?
Your personal dictionary, persdict.dat, seems to be in this directory



In Windows XP:



C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Mozilla\ Firefox\Profiles\your profile



In Windows Vista:



C:\Users\your username\Appdata\Roaming\Mozilla\ Firefox\Profiles\ your profile



The file seems to be editable with Wordpad.



Hope that helps.How can I remove entries from Firefox's dictionary?
Uninstall Firefox and this time uncheck the box that says Keep My settings and Add-Ons when you uninstall. Re install Firefox and forget the Spell Checker Add-On. Firefox has a Spell Checker built in.

With Firefox open click Tools and then Options.

On the Advanced Tab under Browsing check the box that says Check my spelling as I type.
  • magellan roadmate
  • pick a part
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment