Saturday, February 18, 2012

I am looking for a word that I cannot find in the dictionary.?

When my kids are on edge, or someone seems nervous, or I notice someone who can't sit still, I call that person "ancie", pronounced like the word fancy without the "f". How is it spelled exactly? I tried a dictionary to no avail. I tried looking in a thesaurus and didn't find it there either, so I asked my wife if she knew the word from when she was growing up at home and she said it was a word that her family used too. I guess one problem with a dictionary is that you almost have to know how to spell the word in order to see if you're correct or not. In this case, I'm not sure how it's spelled. Any help would be appreciated because I went to use this word in a letter and my spell check hates it. It won't give me any alternatives either, so if I can get the proper spelling, I'm going to add it to my spell check dictionary. Thanks.I am looking for a word that I cannot find in the dictionary.?
You must mean 'antsy' or 'anxious'.
This is not really a word in the English language. It's like a slang term and it won't be in any dictionary until a certain amount of people recognise it as a real word. I've never heard of "ANCIE" myself.



You can't find it in the dictionary, not becuase it's mispelled, but because it's not actually a real word.I am looking for a word that I cannot find in the dictionary.?
Main Entry: ant路sy

Pronunciation: \藞ant-s膿\

Function: adjective

Date: 1838

1: restless , fidgety %26lt;antsy children%26gt; ; also : impatient , eager %26lt;antsy for a new challenge%26gt;

2: nervous , apprehensive %26lt;antsy investors%26gt;
Antsy. May not be in the dictionary, but basically it refers to the sensation of ants in your pants, making you restless.I am looking for a word that I cannot find in the dictionary.?
antsy.



1. unable to sit or stand still; fidgety: The children were bored and antsy.

2. apprehensive, uneasy, or nervous: I'm a little antsy since hearing those storm warnings.
ant路sy (nts)

adj. ant路si路er, ant路si路est Slang

1. Restless or impatient; fidgety: The long wait made the children antsy.

2. Nervous; apprehensive:
I know what word you are talking about, i use it as well.

but your spelling is incorrect :D

its...ant路sy

;)

FOR SURE.
Read the definition for this word it means the same thing as the word you described:



http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/antsy鈥?/a>



Hope I helped!
the word is spelled antsy



Restless or impatient; fidgety



Nervous; apprehensive
I believe it's spelled a-n-t-s-y.
you're thinking of "antsy"
Antsy.



Fidgeting around like an ant.
u mean anxious?

No comments:

Post a Comment