Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do i import my old dictionary (spell check) from word 6.0 to office 2007 windows 3.11 to windows XP?

i have an old work computer running windows 3.11 and microsoft word 6, my boss has just given me a new computer with windows xp pro and office 2007, being a doctor my old system had a lot of words added to spell check to help me write reports now the new office picked up common words that i use as being misspelled when i know there correct i don't want to have to create a whole new dictionary, is there a way to export these setting from the old system i know office xp and above kept them as a .dic file where does the old windows store these files.



thank youHow do i import my old dictionary (spell check) from word 6.0 to office 2007 windows 3.11 to windows XP?
Hi,



Copy the custom dictionary from the old to the new system. The XP path of the dictionary is below, and I think you should find it in the same location on your old windows version. If not, do a search (Start/Search... "custom.dic").



C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof



You will find a text file named CUSTOM.DIC. Just copy that on over, and you should be set to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment