Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do you alter the contents of your dictionary in your pc, I added a word which was spelt wrongly.?

I addded a word to the pc's dictionary but it is spelt wrongly so when I carry out a spell check it does not flag up the misspelt word, can I ammend the contents of the dictionary??How do you alter the contents of your dictionary in your pc, I added a word which was spelt wrongly.?
If you are using Office XP (I expect this works with Office 2000/2003):

1) In Microsoft Word, click on Tools | Options.

2) Click on Spelling and Grammer, and then on Custom Dictionaries.

3) Click on the dictionary which has (default) after it, usually CUSTOM.DIC

4) Click modify, find the mis-spelt word and click delete.

5) Click OK.

6) Click OK.

7) Click OK.

Your mis-spelt word is now removed from the dictionary!



If any of these options don't work or aren't available, please tell me which version on Microsoft Office you have and I may be able to help better.How do you alter the contents of your dictionary in your pc, I added a word which was spelt wrongly.?
yes you can amend it to contain what you want so that it won't falg it up again- just addHow do you alter the contents of your dictionary in your pc, I added a word which was spelt wrongly.?
search for a file called custom.dic and then edit it with notepad.

No comments:

Post a Comment