Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is there any words in the dictionary spelt wrong?

i will be checking your answers lolIs there any words in the dictionary spelt wrong?
If there ARE any words in the dictionary SPELLED wrongLY they would be excused as simply being "typos" - that's "typographical error" which means a misprint.
Which dictionary are you talking about? There is more than one dictionary.



Good Luck!!!Is there any words in the dictionary spelt wrong?
That's a funny question! I would hope not!
No, I was only joking, some dictionary's spell ''Birthday'' wrong, oh! that reminds me its my birthday soon. Wish me 'Happy Birthday', wont you, see my profile I'm trying to get a 'Net party together on the day.Is there any words in the dictionary spelt wrong?
firstly it is "ARE the any WORDS..."
you will find the back pages of the dictionaries, pages stating Commonly Misspelt Words...A -Z, check it out for yourself.
Yes, it's WRONG!
why don't you go through them all and check, if you find one that is wrong check in a dictionary to see how it is spelt. Numb skull
No, but there are certainly enough in YOUR sentence:

Here is the correction: ARE there any words in the dictionary that are SPELLED wrong?

Pay more attention in English class, I am assuming it is your first and only language therefore you owe it to yourself to speak, read and write it well
I know a word that is spelt wrong in dictionary !!!





It's WRONG.



Wrong is spelt Wrong, am I right or wrong !!!
oh no... believe me.

Every word is studied by a all bunch of professors and PHDs for months before being printed.

My grandfather is part of the Academie de la langue francaise,therefore he takes part in the publishing of french dictionnaries.

they sometimes have assemblies where they discuss about a word and its origins for hours.



quite a cool job.
you mean "Are there any words in the dictionary spelt wrong?"
There might be, but I haven't found any yet.
Just for those of you who are trying to correct the asker's grammar-- correct ALL OF IT for goodness sake.



"Spelt" is a type of wheat. "Spelled" is the past tense of spell.



And, yes, I imagine there are. What else would be the reason for so many new editions, besides the occasional additional word?
only wrong
maybe.... but there are in your sentence
I shouldn't think so since for a word to even get into the dictionary it goes through tonnes of procedures, hence why they make such a big deal about adding words
Wrong is spely W R O N G
Yep - The word W-R-O-N-G,
Yes, there was the famous word "dord" in Webster's:

http://www.snopes.com/language/mistakes/鈥?/a>
I haven't a clue have better things to do than read the dictionary to look if any words were spelt wrong!



But would be interesting to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment