Saturday, February 18, 2012

Where can i find a dictionary listing fossils?

I found a fossil when I was about nine at an oilfield location. I remember a geologist asking if he could keep it. He said it was called a metacasauras. The 'ca' was stressed. I have no clue if I spelled that right. It is only a four inch piece and he told me a full sized one would be roughly a foot long. I was also told that most pieces found were less than two inches long. It still has a lot of color and also small bumps or spikes every 3/4 of an inch along the top. I'd really love to have some info on this fossil. Thanks.Where can i find a dictionary listing fossils?
I would contact the geology department of your local university or museum, if they cannot identify your fossil straight off, they will certainly have research resourcesWhere can i find a dictionary listing fossils?
They did a very detailed presentation covering all sort of dinosaur fossils in Discovery Channel last month. Check out their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment