Friday, January 20, 2012

If I accidentally add something to the dictionary, how do I undo that in the Mozilla spell check?

I spelled a word wrong and then did spell check. But instead of clicking the wright spelling I added it to dictionary. How do I undo this?If I accidentally add something to the dictionary, how do I undo that in the Mozilla spell check?
Your personal dictionary, persdict.dat, seems to be in this directory



In Windows XP:



C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Mozilla\ Firefox\Profiles\your profile



In Windows Vista (I suspect):



Documents\your username\Appdata\Roaming\Mozilla\ Firefox\Profiles\ your profile



The file seems to be editable with any straight-text editor, such as notepad or wordpad.



Hope that helps.If I accidentally add something to the dictionary, how do I undo that in the Mozilla spell check?
Assuming you're using Windows.

1)Goto your start menu and click run. Paste: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and press enter.

2)Find your default profile folder, which should look like xxxxx.default

3)Find the file called persdict.dat, and open it with like wordpad.

4)Find the word and delete it, then save the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment