Monday, January 30, 2012

I want to download uk dictionary on my computer to complete my uk spelling check. do you have a web add?

I don't know what software you want this for, but if it's Microsoft Office, you're in luck.





If you head on over to http://office.microsoft.com and search for "UK English dictionary" in the search bar, you'll get a whole load of possible links to what you're after.





Microsoft Office should come with both US and UK English dictionaries by default, and you can switch between the languages it checks when you run a spell check. It may be as simple as the following:





1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling tab.


2. In the Language list, click the dictionary you want to use to check your spelling.





You might also find help on this page:


http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assist鈥?/a>





If it's for something else, the if you update the question with what software you're after, I'll see if I can help further. Otherwise, you could try Googling for the name of the software and "british dictionary" or "uk english dictionary".





I hope that helps. In all likelihood, your software already has the means of checking British English spelling.





All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment