Monday, January 30, 2012

How would you tell your sister in- law she has a spelling problem?

She spelled burger - berger on a typed out invitation. There were also other errors in the same invitation too. I guess she forgot to use the spell checker or at least have someone proof read it. In my son's b-day card she spelled uncle - unkle. Those are just a few examples. The scary part is that she works in a clinic and fills out peoples charts.



I wanted to give her a dictionary for christmas, but my husband wouldn't let me. I not saying I'm perfect but those are some basic words.How would you tell your sister in- law she has a spelling problem?
There is no way to tell her, without getting feelings hurt. We had a similar situation at my church, the secretary ALWAYS had spelling errors in the bulletins, and the joke was to find as many errors every Sunday!



I would DEFINITELY suggest spell check, or tell her gently that people make fun or her spelling. (I'm sure that you aren't the only one to notice all her spelling errors) Or have your son tell her that she spelled something wrong. It may be more obvious if a child tells her! She may even get a raise at her job if her spelling improves!



My question is: how did she get a job at a clinic? aren't medical charts supposed to be accurate?
Be honest and frank about it. If she's wise, she will appreciate your help.How would you tell your sister in- law she has a spelling problem?
Sadly, spelling is lacking in most people today.



However, if you are so bothered by this that you need to say something, then just tell her. Chances are that she is already fully aware that she has a spelling problem...so I am sure she will really appreciate that you are telling her. Then you can suggest spell checker...you will be amazed at how many people don't know that that function exists.



If it was me, I'd let it alone...but that is me. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and I'm sure the invites didn't go to anyone super important in the scheme of things.
Actually, a Dictioanry is a good idea. Get the latest edition of Merriam-Webster... say something like you bought one too n it seems pretty informative... I mean, it's got more than just words from A through Z.How would you tell your sister in- law she has a spelling problem?
Why are you so concerned? If her employer is OK with it, what's it to you? Someone is thoughtful enough to send you an invitation, and your response is a critique of the spelling?
het you have spelling problem... why tell her somthing she knows. you will not gain anything out of it. so what.
  • lady gaga born this way album
  • pop cap games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment