Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can I change the dictionary the computer uses in spell checks?

I am certain I spell the words as I was "taught". So maybe I need to change the dictionary to one that matches what I was taught. e.g. British. Can I do that in XP?Can I change the dictionary the computer uses in spell checks?
Go to Start -%26gt; Control Panel -%26gt; Regional and Language Options, then just select the Languages tab and select Details.

Click the Add button and select the language you want to add. You can then change the default one after :)Can I change the dictionary the computer uses in spell checks?
NO If you rename or move it wonlt workCan I change the dictionary the computer uses in spell checks?
ABSOLUTELY you can.



In the toolbar, you should be able to change the language-setting in the Spell-checker profile.

Right-click on the icon. This should bring up this option. - CLICK ON IT, then select your preferred language.



BUT............. you need to install this feature from the WIN XP Setup disk.
That's more a function of the version of Word you have, but it's not very different.



First, the proofing tools for the appropriate language have to be installed, usually from the Office CD. The English version of Office has all variants (US, UK, several others).



Then, in Word versions prior to Word 2007:



1. Press CTRL/A to select the entire document.

2. Click the Tools-%26gt;Language-%26gt;Set Language menu item.

3. Select English (UK) in the list box.

4. If you want to make this the default language for future documents, click the Default button.

5. Click Yes in the message box.

6. Click OK.



In Word 2007:



1. Press CTRL/A to select the entire document.

2. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon.

3. In the Proofing section, click Set Language.

4. Continue as in Step 3, above.



That should do it.
  • yamaha outboards
  • barometer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment