Monday, January 30, 2012

HOW can I edit Firefox's dictionary to get rid of the misspelled words that I accidentally added?

Q: If I right click a misspelled word and accidentally hit "add to dictionary" instead of the correct spelling, HOW can I edit it to get rid of the misspelled word from the dictionary? ( in "Firefox")HOW can I edit Firefox's dictionary to get rid of the misspelled words that I accidentally added?
Your personal dictionary, persdict.dat, seems to be in this directory



In Windows XP:



C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Mozilla\ Firefox\Profiles\your profile



In Windows Vista:



C:\Users\your username\Appdata\Roaming\Mozilla\ Firefox\Profiles\ your profile



(Note: If the directory Appdata doesn鈥檛 appear in Windows Explorer, enter the full path name in Explorer鈥檚 address window.)



The file seems to be editable with Wordpad.



Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment