Thursday, January 26, 2012

How could i improve my spelling? English of course!?

my native tongue is Hebrew, but i have a spelling problem in Hebrew to. but how do i improve my English spelling.

i read a lot of English literature: mark twain, Hemingway...

but when ever i wright i always use a dictionary to chack my spelling... and it dosent get any better although i wrght a lot in english. foe exsampel i had to chack the dictionary to know how to spell: although and dictionary and tongue.

so do you have any suggestions?How could i improve my spelling? English of course!?
Try writing down on a special list every word you have to look up and review that list, from time to time!



--Your list will grow , but you will be able to isolate your problem words. If you mispell them again , just mark them with 1, 2, 3 etc. as to the number of times you have to look them up. Sooner or later that list will start to deminish!How could i improve my spelling? English of course!?
Reading, reading, reading - not just the classics, but anything in English (or in Hebrew, for that matter). It helps accustom your eye to the way words are supposed to look, and that is the first step to improving your spelling.

When you find words that give you problems - such as although, dictionary and tongue, write them on a small square of cardboard, and use these as flash cards - then at intervals during the day (while you're waiting for the bus or whatever) pull them out and thumb through them. Flip them over, try to spell the word, then check to see if you got it right.

Once you spell it correctly, put that card to one side and perhaps once a month, flip through them, just to firmly affix the correct spelling in your mind.

Mazel tovHow could i improve my spelling? English of course!?
lol, me too. I think me are similar in many aspects. Reading a lot and writing should help you. But you say you already do them and it doesn't help. I suggest that you practice more, or play online games like unscramble the word for example , or hung man.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment