Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I delete misspelled words that I accidentally added to the dictionary in FireFox?

I've got a version of FireFox that has built in spell check. I've accidentally hit the "add to dictionary" link instead of the correctly spelled word a couple of times now. How do I delete those words from the dictionary?How do I delete misspelled words that I accidentally added to the dictionary in FireFox?
Quote from the lihehacker.com:

1. Open your application data folder. On XP or Vista, go to your Start menu and hit Run (or just press Windows-R) and paste in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles; on your Mac, navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles.

2. Find your profile folder, which by default should look something like xxxxxxxx.default.

3. Inside your profile folder, find the file called persdict.dat and open it up in your text editor of choice.

4 Now just find the misspelling, delete it, and you're done.



--

If you are using Linux, the profile folder is located at ~/.mozilla/firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment