Monday, January 23, 2012

If I memorize Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged, then can I win spelling bee?

I heard that was Scripp's official dictionary, so if I HAPPENED to have the time to memorize it, that would mean I would be guaranteed to win, because I know all the words on it, right?



theoretically..If I memorize Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged, then can I win spelling bee?
While memorizing the dictionary would give you an advantage, it would probably not guarantee victory.



Because no matter how expert you are on a subject, memory is not perfect. And the probability that you could forget any given word out of 400,000 is pretty high. If it happens to be the one they ask, you are standing there without a paddle.



But good luck on the dictionary thing anyway. Even if you don't win, you learn lots of interesting things.If I memorize Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged, then can I win spelling bee?
good luck. You can accomplish whatever you want (except memorizing the dictionary)

No comments:

Post a Comment