Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can someone help me find a good Japanese to English dictionary?

I want to learn Japanese because of Dragonball/Z/GT and other stuff. I know a lot of words now because of a couple dictionaries and learning materials. But I want a better dictionary. English to romaji (spelling with out letters like this), English to Hiragana or to Katakana or these to English. I have the kana pages printed up to learn, I just need to translate. Dictionary.com is fine but it uses english to Kanji (japanese symbols) or that to english, which is not much use yet.Can someone help me find a good Japanese to English dictionary?
try using this site:(romanji and english )

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html

http://www.dicts.info/2/english-japanese鈥?/a>Can someone help me find a good Japanese to English dictionary?
I have a few Japanese learning books all bought at book stores, a good Japanese-English dictionary is the Random House Japanese-English Dictionary which includes Romanization and Japanese Characters. Barron's Japanese Grammar Book is also very helpful. A good Kanji book is A guide to Reading and Writing Japanese Tuttle Language Library book by Kenneth Henshall, Christopher Seeley and Henk De Groot is good for showing the strokes and which ones go first.Can someone help me find a good Japanese to English dictionary?
The Oxford Beginner's Japanese Dictionary might be good for you. When you look up an English word, it gives the hiragana/katakana first, and then the word or phrase with the kanji in it. That way you can see both. The Japanese side is organized by syllable in hiragana/katakana, so if you hear how a word sounds, you can look it up. That also gives the kanji after it, and then the English translation.



If you really want to learn, I advise taking a live course where you can practice hearing and listening the words and speaking them in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment