Monday, January 23, 2012

Does anyone know how to delete words you've added to the Firefox dictionary?

I normally love Firefox, but it's really pissing me off right now. I have Firefox 2 and it was checking my spelling for me, as it always does now, and I spelled a word wrong, but when I right clicked on it to fix it, I accidentally added the incorrect spelling to the dictionary instead of fixing the word to the correct spelling, and I see know place to edit which words you've added to the dictionary. This seems really stupid, Firefox is usually better than this, does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for your help!Does anyone know how to delete words you've added to the Firefox dictionary?
1. Close Firefox.



2. Browse to your Firefox profile and make a backup copy of persdict.dat just in case you need it later.



3. Open the file persdict.dat with a plain text editor (i.e. Notepad).



4. You鈥檒l see a list of all the custom words added to Firefox鈥檚 dictionary. Simply correct the misspelled word, save the file, and close it.



5. Open Firefox and consider it done.





Your profile is in:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Does anyone know how to delete words you've added to the Firefox dictionary?
this really helped. but when you are looking for application data in your user name section you must search for the application data because usually it is hidden and could not be seen.

ty.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment