Saturday, January 14, 2012

How do I completely remove the US English spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?

I've tried various solutions, Windows settings, regional settings, changing templates etc, and Word still seems to want to stick 'z's into every other word I type! It occurred to me that if I might somehow be able to identify and delete the offending dictionary file.How do I completely remove the US English spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?
I understand your frustration, but here's one more thing to try to make your language the primary one. This should work in Word XP (2002) and the adjacent versions. Word Vista (2007) should have something similar.



1. Click the Tools-%26gt;Language-%26gt;Set Language menu item.

2. In the list box, select the language you want made the default (probably English (UK), right?).

3. Click the Default button to make this the default language for future documents.

4. Click Yes in the message box.

5. Click OK.



That should do it.
Thanks for your answers everyone - I agree this is probably the best answer (though the Bin Laden comment was my favourite ;-)



This was my first submission for Yahoo Answers, so I'll try and formulate my question better next time.

Report Abuse

How do I completely remove the US English spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?
"Word still seems to want to stick 'z's into every other word I type!"



This doesn't sound like a "Dictionary problem" to me.



Your PC is likely infected with malicious software (Malware). Use the Discover Tab above to learn all about Malware, including the removal procedures.
just go to tools-%26gt;options -%26gt;spelling anfd grammar and unchek the box next to check spelling as you type and, or always suggest corrections

Regards,

G.

http://www.howtoguidehome.comHow do I completely remove the US English spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?
Go to "Tools" then "Options" then "Spelling %26amp; Grammar" and customize it to your preferences.
You want to remove the english dictionary? Who ARE you, Bin Laden?

No comments:

Post a Comment