Thursday, February 2, 2012

Survey...How do we know all the words in the dictionary are spelled correctly?

Dude, seriously? This like asking how do we know if the alphabet is in the right order.Survey...How do we know all the words in the dictionary are spelled correctly?
Considering that there are, on average, hundreds of mistyped word in any given dictionary, I would have to conclude that we don't really know for sure. What I really want to know is, when you don't know how to spell a word, somebody says, "Look it up in the dictionary", but how are you supposed to look it up if you don't know how to spell it?
hmmmmmm........hmmmmmmm.......now that is the Q....but hmmmmm.....we really do not know do we? Oh wait if I spell something wrong....YA knows...Oops! It looks like I have 3 misspellings.....but then again looks like....it is or it isn't......am I as crazy as U? YUP! :)Survey...How do we know all the words in the dictionary are spelled correctly?
That's a matter of debate. Our Canadian friends and our friends across the pond don't think we spell correctly a number of words. They are determined to add "our" to words that we end with just "or." ;-)
That's a good freaking question.... hmmmm I guess who ever made up the words or made up the dictionary made up the words , makes sure... I have no ideaSurvey...How do we know all the words in the dictionary are spelled correctly?
We are just a trusting lot of folks aren't we, the spell them differenly in the UK don't they? Hmm who's correct? We both are I guess
I don't think it is....I get so confused..example-Humor or is it Humour
because they were written by genius people!!
Excellent question, someone should run them all through spell check. lol Hey you have the time now, go for it.
I'm sure they are
We don't
Good question, who do we know?
now ur being a smarty pants

we don't do we

No comments:

Post a Comment