Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nike has a new shoe called "Synetairos", what does it mean? Online dictionary confirmation preferred?

I used this to name a product of my company, but neither the person who suggested the name nor do I know Greek. The online dictionaries are not helping as perhaps the name as spelled only sounds like original Greek name which may have a completely different Alphabet. Would love a sound recording and authentic greek spelling of the word - and I hope it means something like "working together"Nike has a new shoe called "Synetairos", what does it mean? Online dictionary confirmation preferred?
Synetairos (Greek for “Partner”) - Sailing (for Crew)



Nike is the Greek Goddess of VictoryNike has a new shoe called "Synetairos", what does it mean? Online dictionary confirmation preferred?
Συν?ταιρο? = Synetairos (συν?ταιρο? = synetairos) - this is a noun literally means "Associate," synonymous to "Partner." Of course, partners in business are working together.



Sorry, I can't find a site providing an audio for Greek pronunciation. I guess it is the same as it is shown in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment