Sunday, February 5, 2012

How can I delete the mispelled words in my custom dictionary that have been added in Microsoft Word?

My spell check often accepts words that are incorrect and also gives incorrects spelling suggestions at times. There seems to be a grammar problem as well.How can I delete the mispelled words in my custom dictionary that have been added in Microsoft Word?
Here is what you do:



In Microsoft word:

go to "Tools" and select "options"

then click on the "spelling %26amp; grammar" tab

then click on the "custom dictionaries" button

then click "modify" button

then click on the word you wanna delete and hit "delete"







hope that helpsHow can I delete the mispelled words in my custom dictionary that have been added in Microsoft Word?
Tools

Options

Spelling%26amp;Grammer

Click the Dictionaries button

Pick the custom dictionary and then click Edit.

Add and/or remove entries then click File, Save.How can I delete the mispelled words in my custom dictionary that have been added in Microsoft Word?
Open Word and type some gibberish. Press F7 to open spell check.

A pop up will open, click on OPTIONS at the bottom

Click on CUSTOM DICTIONARIES

Click on MODIFY

a pop up of the elements in the custom dictionary will open. From there, find the element you want to delete, and delete it.

click on OK and back out of the windows until you are back into WORD.
As you did not state which version of MS Word, I'll assume it is Office 2003.



On the menu, choose Tools -%26gt; Options -%26gt; Spelling and Grammar tab.

Click on Custom Dictionaries button.

Highlight CUSTOM.DIC and click on Modify button.

Scroll down to the word you wish to edit and delete the misspelled words.

Click the OK button. (Closes Modify window)

Click the OK button. (Closes Custom Dictionaries window)

Click on OK. (Closes Options window)



You are now done.

No comments:

Post a Comment