Saturday, January 14, 2012

How do I study for a Spelling Bee, out of the Dictionary?

Ok, so I have this Canwest Canspell Spelling Bee, in 3 weeks and I need to study for it. I just bought a dictionary, and it has 1200 pages, with challenging words. How do I study for this spelling bee, with a dictionary that thick?? Any tips, ideas, experiences??? Thnx!How do I study for a Spelling Bee, out of the Dictionary?
With only three weeks left, studying a dictionary doesn't seem like a good way to prepare. Even if you were able to memorize the near-60 pages per day required, you would be making a poor selection of words to know and your dictionary might not be inclusive of what the bee uses.



Better by far is to study the Latin, Greek, Anglo-Saxon, French, German, etc roots of words so that you can make educated guesses as to how an asked word looks and its idiosyncrasies ( doubled consonants or not, vowels, etc. ).
I'd start off with randomely flipping it open and look for the most challenging word on the page, and then practice spelling it.

Get someone else to flip through it for you, while you spell the words.How do I study for a Spelling Bee, out of the Dictionary?
Start with the A section

study the first page thoroughly

then ask someone to test you on that page

then go to the second page

and so on......



hope i helped:)
well didnt they give u a list of words

did they tell u to buy that dictionary

u should go along with words they would use i doubt they would use a random dictionaryHow do I study for a Spelling Bee, out of the Dictionary?
out of the dictionary
idk wtf usn
how old are u?

No comments:

Post a Comment