Saturday, January 14, 2012

How do I completely remove the English (U.S) spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?

I'm aware that this exact same question was asked by Waldo Pepp 1 month ago but the answers he received were not good enough for me. The voted best answer was to set the default language via Tools %26gt; Language %26gt; Set Language...but this is probably the most simple, basic and well-known way to do it. I'm sorry to be so frank, but if Waldo hadn't tried that already, he is an idiot. But I assume that he, like me, has tried that a million times but the English (U.S) dictionary keeps coming back somehow. The English language was invented by the English (obviously), so I believe that their way of spelling and pronouncing things is the right way. If Americans want to be so different, they should create a totally different American language, instead of removing a few u's and replacing a few s's with z's, but still calling it English. That is NOT English!!! Anyway I'm rambling...the point is that I just want to completely remove the U.S version of English from Word because it's driving me crazy!!!How do I completely remove the English (U.S) spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?
You seem to not understand how proofing works in Word.



Word proofs text according to the language set in the formatting of the text. You can change this for selected text using the Set Language option on the Review ribbon.



But you can also change it in the Style of the text. Changing the Language setting of the Normal style will usually ripple through to all other styles (unless they have their own custom settings). Changing the styles in templates will affect all new documents based on them. Changing the style in Normal.dotx will change default new documents.



Of course, Word also needs the dictionary to be installed to perform the proof, but removing the dictionary will NOT stop Word trying to check US English if the language of a selection is set to US English, and will not make it check in UK English.



And by the way, spelling of US English is often closer to Old English than is modern UK English, as is use of certain words and constructs.How do I completely remove the English (U.S) spelling dictionary from Microsoft Word?
"And by the way, spelling of US English is often closer to Old English than is modern UK English, as is use of certain words and constructs."



That is simply NOT true! I'm annoyed that for 3 years people have been reading lies. It's nothing like Old English! At ALL

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment